Hello from the Magenta Tiger,
This week I’m participating in the 20th Colour INKspiration Challenge as a Guest Designer. It’s a pleasure to be hopping this week with the Colour INKspiration Crew.
The Colour Palatte is amazing. Initially I looked at it thinking flowers, trees but decided to go with a Christmas Tree. Even the Calypso Coral and Dapper Denim fit the bill.
As well as the chosen colour combo above, we can use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Crumb Cake and Metallics.
Here is my card:
- Card Base: Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (21cm x 10.5cm)
- Layer 1: Cherry Cobbler Card stock (10.2cm x 14.4cm)
- Layer 2: Shimmery White Cardstock (9.8cm x 14.0cm)
- I’ve stamped the tree truck from the Iconic Christmas Stamp Set in Crumb Cake Ink twice
- Layer 3: Always Artichoke Cardstock – this was fussy cut with my Paper Snips once I’d cut out Layer 4 in the Big Shot
- Layer 4: Shimmery White Cardstock
- I stamped the Christmas Tree with the Decorations first in Archival Basic Black Ink
- I cut out the Tree with the Die from the Ornamental Christmas Framelits
- This die also cut out some of the Decorations on the Tree
- I’ve coloured each Decoration with Blender Pens using all the Colours in the Combo: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Calypso Coral and Dapper Denim.
- Each of the Decorations that has been cut out were added back to the tree on Mini Dimensionals
- The Star on the top of the tree is cut out using the Star in the Ornamental Christmas Framelits with Glimmer Gold Paper
- I’ve added a little 1/4″ Double-Stitched Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler under the Sentiment
- Sentiment: ‘Merry Christmas’ is from the Flurry of Wishes Stamp Set and inked in Always Artichoke and given an Always Artichoke Cardstock border.
We hope you can join us this using this colour combination. The Challenge end at 7pm (AEDT) on Monday 6th November 2017.
Love Fi xxx