Hello from Fi at the Magenta Tiger,
Welcome to another week of CASEing the Catty! This week we are caseing again from the gorgeous Holiday Catalogue (pages 28 – 35).
I’ve decided to CASE a technique tonight: EMBOSS RESIST. It’s been a while since I’ve had my versa mark, embossing powder and heat tool out. The sentiment on the card on page 35 (right hand side, middle) has been created using this technique.
Here is my creation:
I’ve gone with a non-conventional colour for my Christmas Card this week: Calypso Coral and a touch of silver. I really do love how this card turned out.
EMBOSS RESIST TECHNIQUE
The aim of ‘Emboss Resist’ is to emboss light images onto white or light coloured card stock then apply a darker ink over/around the embossed image to make it stand out against the darker inks.
- Stamp the sentiment with versa mark ink on water colour paper.
- Add embossing powder (I’ve used White). Make sure there is good coverage of powder on the versa mark ink.
- Apply heat via Heat Tool ever the powder
- Add colour – I’ve added Calypso Coral Ink to the watercolour paper with an aqua painter
- Voila, emboss resist complete
I’ve added a quarter of a Silver Foil Snowflake, a little of the 1/4″ Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon and a Clear Faceted Gem to the top left hand corner of the card.
Thank-you for hopping over to the Magenta Tiger. Next up in the CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop is Jackie Noble from across the ditch. Wow, what an amazing page she has created!
Please join us on our Facebook Page for the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge.
Happy hopping and happy crafting.
Love Fi xxx