Hello from The Magenta Tiger,
I’m back in business! I’ve been suffering from a severe bout of ‘crafters block’ … this lack of creativity has been driving me crazy! But alas, ‘CASEING THE CATTY Challenge 119‘ to the rescue! This weeks challenge is inspired by the Sale-a-bration Catalogue, pages 16-19. I’ve chosen to stamp with my ‘Hey, Chick’ Stamp Set.
I’ve cased the ‘Thanks’ card at the top right hand corner of page 16.
I’ve watercolored my Chicken with unconventional colours: Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo with a hint of Copper. This Chicken is a SUPER cutie-pie!
Here is my card :
HOW DID I MAKE THIS CARD?
- Card Base: Rich Razzlebery Cardstock (15.0 cm x 21.0cm)
- Layer 1: Sweet Sugarplum Yardstick (9.2cm x 13.0cm )
- Run though the Big Shot in my most favourite Textured Embossing Folder ‘Large Polka Dot’
- Wrapped Copper Thread around the cardstock 9 times horizontally
- Square 1: Watercolour Paper 2 – 5/8″ ‘Stitched’ Square cut from the Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Square 2: Rich Razzleberry Cardstock 2 – 3/8″ Square from the layering Squares Framelits
- Square 3: Watercolour Paper 2 – 1/8″ ‘Stitched’ Square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits
- I prepared the paper with the embossing buddy. It prevents extra embossing powder from sticking to the paper
- I’ve stamped the chicken in Versamark Ink, added Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated with the Heat Tool
- I’ve watercolored the Chicken in unconventional colours: Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo. The Grass is Cucumber Crush and Delightful Dijon.
- Sentiment: ‘THANKS’ from the ‘One Big Meaning’ Stamp Set.
- I used my Stamp-a-ma Jig and a post-it note as I only wanted to use the ‘thanks’ from the Stamp ‘one tiny word with one big meaning, thanks’.
- Prepped with the embossing buddy and stamped the sentiment in Versamark Ink, added Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated with the Heat Tool
- Banner: Right end punched with the Banner Triple Punch, Left end cut with one of the Square Stitched Shapes
- Glue: Assemble with the Adhesive of your Choice: Snail Adhesive, Glue Dots or Fast Fuse
Happy Crafting! Love Fiona xxx